Sunday, May 13, 2007

Even such is Time that takes in trust
Our youth, our joys, our all we have
And pays us but with earth and dust


When I got the phone call from fana at around 10.45pm, I had to ask her to repeat several times because I just couldn't comprehend the news. I guess all of us are still very much in shock, that someone we know, someone our age, could have gone this early. We always think that this sort of things would happen only to someone else, someone's family, someone's friend.. Well, that someone could be us too.

Everyone at the funeral was just as shocked. Everyone was saying how Isz didn't deserve it, how he was such a nice boy, so innocent and kind. And he was. I'd never seen him angry or unkind or mean. He didn't bully anyone although others bullied him, and when we teased him, he'd just laugh it off. I still remember him offering his jacket to me when I complained that I was cold. And even though he was busy with council and not officially an ML member, he still offered to be the runner during Paradigma. He was definitely not arrogant. And one thing I remember very well about him was how much he loved his sisters. So it was very heartbreaking to hear his mother and sisters cry during the funeral..

I'm writing this because I want people to remember Isz for all his kindness. And if we do feel guilty about things we'd never got the chance to apologise for, well, maybe we do deserve to feel guilty.

So maybe we think that he didn't deserve such an ending. But this is all part of God's plans. As the three shots were fired and the bugle was blown, Shah summed it all up perfectly: "If anyone deserved this kind of respect at his funeral, it is Isz"

He will definitely be missed. Semoga rohnya dicucuri rahmat. Amin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home