Saturday, August 21, 2004

Wakakaka. I MUST absolutely type this down. Absolutely, ridiculously hilarious.

You see, I got off from school around 3pm today, which is early considering it is a Saturday. I was grousing about how boring the day will turn out when I suddenly remembered that on Saturdays at 4pm, Channel 5 will be showing 'One Tree Hill' which stars my hunky significant other, Chad Michael Murray [hurhur]. So there I was on the MRT ride, eager to reach home as fast as possible so that I will at least have time to fill up my tummy [by the way, I think I must have lost at least 1kg just now after not eating the whole day except for a burger in the morning, so now I look like a skeleton. Darn! And my skirt was damn loose and kept going 'senget'].

I was already at the door, when fumble..fumble. Damn. I couldn't find the house keys. The bloody thing must have dropped out of my wallet at God-knows-where. There wasn't anyone at home, so I called the father, hoping to plead with him to come home as quickly as possible, but damn it again; the parents were still at Johor. It was 3.50pm. Never mind, I thought to myself. If the parents reached home by 4.30, I can still catch half of the show. So I went back downstairs to go to the shops to buy food while waiting when I checked... Damn! I only had 2 miserable dollars, having squandered away my pocket money on God-knows-what. Plus I was starving. What to do...what to do... I bought food rations to last till the parents get home, in the form of potato chips and carrot juice. The time was 3.15pm and I had only 35cents left.

I went back to the void deck of my block, where I sat down to eat, when I suddenly thought of the most impossible worst-case-scenario situation that could happen. Supposing someone were to rob me right there and then, I would have gladly handed over my wallet and looked on gleefully as the robber realise that there was only 35 cents in my wallet. And in my glucose-starved, highly-absurd state, I found the whole scenario so funny I started giggling so loudly [ALONE I might add] I even snorted carrot juice out of my nose. And there was a 'nyonya' walking past and she went "haiyoh!...." after seeing me in this state, so I giggled even more. I tell you, if there were one more nosy neighbour who happened to see me, they would have called Woodbridge.

The parents reached home at only 4.55pm. I'm sure they had a very good reason to dilly-dally home, like perhaps snacking or explaining to Abdullah Badawi that I absolutely cannot meet him to dispense some wise advice this month because I have Paradigma which is mui, mui, mui importante, while their starving kid back home in Singapore was getting delirious with the lack of food, and was loitering around like a mad cavewoman and also happens to be on the watch-list of Woodbridge. Yep. I'm sure it was a good reason.

4.55pm right? So there was still 5 minutes of the show. I switched on the TV, only to realize that they were showing the Olympics. You couldn't blame me for getting hysterical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home