Tuesday, July 20, 2004

I always seem to be the last person on Earth to receive any news. I bet if a bomb dropped outside my house and Osama sneaked into my cupboard to hide from the American GI Joes, I'd STILL be the last person to know. I just found out on Sunday that two of my ex-classmates are together. And on Monday, I found out one of my ex-primary-school-classmate is in the ICU after being in a motorbike accident. The second one, was, obviously, more of a shocker. So many unexpected things can happen..sigh.

Today I was pissed. I was attacked by a vicious racist remark by one human being who thinks he's the greatest person on earth. I really can't believe that people like this exists anymore. I thought they belonged to the World War Two era. Well apparently they're still living and breathing on earth and not only that, wasting precious oxygen on this planet. You know what? They can go to hell for all I care, which I don't - I DON'T CARE. He called me a Brownie and two of the Indian girls in my class Blackies. Isn't that downright rude?

Talking about discrimination, I know that I am treading on sensitive issues here but I believe there is a need to address them. It's the little things that can hurt the most you know. I mean, I was in a class in secondary school for two years and I basically didn't know what the hell was going on because I couldn't understand a single word my classmates were speaking, and nobody bothered to tell me. Yeah, I know. It's such a little thing, but it does matter to me you know. And to nas and kat too I'm sure. Why don't YOU try to walk around just for a whole day with a bunch of purely Malay or Indian friends and have them NOT speak to you in English. Yeah, that's how I felt. And I had to feel like that everyday for two years. 
Of course not everyone in class was like that, but I was basically made to feel like an outcast just because I couldn't understand Mandarin.

I'm sorry for being insensitive here, but I felt like I didn't have much of a good time because of this. And to the my friends, sorry for having to put up wth my rantings today. I'm not in the mood.
 
"What are you, my blood? You treat me like you are my blood. What are you, my dad? You affect me like you are my dad.."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home