Sunday, July 18, 2004

RAMBLINGS
 
I've always liked anything french-y. So one might ask, why a German word for my blog title? Because it sounds so vulgar that's why. I wonder if the Germans have ever realised that they sound so vulgar when they speak, even when they are not swearing. I mean, if an Ah Beng sneezed and a German tourist happened to be there and said, "Gesundheit", he'd probably suffer a black eye when all he really good-naturedly intended to say was, "God Bless You".
 
I'm thinking of picking up french again. And probably mandarin too. Man, do I ever regret dropping french. I think I might have had a natural flair for that language [cis! tak tau malu gitu...] Despite not studying for that damn language, I still managed a nice, on-the-dot A1 for it, i.e, 75 marks ler... But as soon as I entered secondary 2, I dropped the subject like a hot potato. I don't know why. It's probably a combination of different factors I guess. Firstly, there was that French french teacher who claims "Je ne parle pas anglais". Then there was this blue-eyed kid called Maximillian who must have qualified for the most irritating person in that building.
 
[Translated to anglais]
M. Brun: Who has been to Paris?
Max: Me!
M. Brun: Who has seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa? [okay, this one I made up]
Max: Me!
M. Brun: Who knows who is the current Marianne of france?
Max: Me!...
You kinda get the story.
 
Then I also didn't get to see my ex-class-hunk Stanislaw Mitew anymore, plus everyone in my sec 2 french class were damn smart. Of course there were those who pretended to be a smart ass when they weren't really. So I quit. But I realized I could have done better than that. Ah well.. the past is past.
 
Yesterday was tiring. I was basically out the whole day.  And I got elected as the Vice-President of MLDDS! *smiles* Mak Lah is the President, Munirah the secretary, Fana the assistant secretary, and Haz the Logistics head. Cool right? Now, I just hope that we can work together well.
 
I really, really hate pw. It's the worst thing ever to hit jc students.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home