Saturday, July 03, 2004

Getting older

I think as we all grow older, the less we think about trivial things such as popularity and trying to fit in. Well, as least for me. I've always found it weird that people try so hard to shed their own unique personality so that they can be 'cool'. I've never been popular before, but hell, who cares right? But maybe I do care - last time that is. I mean I take a look in the mirror and I see a carbon copy of countless other jc students; shirt untucked, ankle socks etc. And I find myself wondering, why do I even bother? Image is only for people who have no personality right? I don't need to wear ankle socks; I don't need to make 'cool' people think I'm 'cool'. I don't need to care about what other people think about me other than my character. So kudos to all those high-socks-wearer. Join me in this fight against fitting in.

On a lighter note, I had my first Paradigma meeting today with Ms Sabariah along with fana, shaheeda, mak lah, diana, irma and na'im. Pretty cool. Ms Sabariah was so cute. She told us a brief history of Paradigma and her sentences are rather peppered with the word 'bullshit'. I like teachers like that.

So now I'm in charge of seminar materials and secretarial duties for the steering committee. Whatever that means. It's gonna be tough and time-consuming and all but hell, I'll manage. I'll get by, like I always do. Right? I do get by, right?

I need to stop buying ankle socks. More high socks a la japanese. Har dee har har.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home