Monday, July 03, 2006

I think it's time...

I think it's high time for us to view these pictures (courtesy of an email from a dear friend). You know, I'm quite sick and tired of the excessive media coverage on suicide bombers, Islamic militants and what-nots. But nobody, NOBODY has ever highlighted the atrocity that Palestinians have to go through under the Israeli and American authorities.



Look at these Palestinian kids, trying to go to SCHOOL, for goodness' sake. And what do they have to go through?:



dragged off the streets
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



beaten
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



resorting to studying in the STREETS
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



held at gun-point
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



barricades
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



the picture speaks for itself
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Seriously, I'm VERY VERY sick of all this. If, this event had occurred in America or Israel or elsewhere, do you think the world would still be sitting on its laurels? No. But because it is Palestine, no one cares. Yes, you may think that I have these sentiments because I am a Muslim... but isn't it also because I'm a human and thus am entitled to feel outraged at such inhumane behaviour towards children?



It's atrocious, the way the media is so biased towards the Bush administration and its allies. It's even more unbelievable, that nobody is standing up for the rights of these children.



Where's the UN, I ask you?



Rights of the Child? My foot.




 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fwah. This is a surprise. I thought you had left and gone to.... uni :-)

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm.. who's this mr/miss anonymous? :)

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home